PlayMaker Health is currently searching for an individual to join our team as a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer. The ideal candidate will have: an objective mindset, clarity in communication, knowledge of their trade, a diplomatic approach, and is a creative problem-solver.
With PlayMaker Health, post-acute care providers have the technology they need to grow their business, remain competitive, and most importantly, deliver on the mission of providing compassionate care. We’re an equity-backed healthcare tech company with a startup vibe. We’ve got a kitchen fully stocked with caffeine and Red Bull.
PlayMaker, an Inc. 5000 company, is private-equity backed and count some of the largest post-acute care companies as our customers. We are based in Franklin, TN with offices in Lafayette, CA and Raleigh, NC.
- Move the company automation strategy forward by utilizing tools/technologies such as Python Robot Framework and Appium to improve and extend end to end product coverage
- Drive high levels of overall product quality by working with your scrum team to develop and automate high value test cases across the playmaker application platforms
- Play a key role in the entire development process, participating in a continuous flow of planning, design, test development and execution, data and system analysis and communication of test results
- Improve the engineering organization by mentoring other QA Engineers on the tools and techniques that have made you successful in previous roles
- Be a contributing member of the team by participating in all Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team
- Actively participate in the product process by reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Maintain high levels of repeatability through creation of detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Be a QA leader by assisting in establishing the necessary quality metrics for the department and the team;
- Maintain your skills by staying up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Contribute to the delivery of new products by executing test cases (manual or automated) and analyzing results
You ideally have:
- Experience developing test plans for different levels of testing (integration, performance, UI, etc.) across a platform and how to best apply the different types of tests
- Advanced technical competency with web, mobile, and API software testing tools such as Python Robot Framework, Appium, Postman, or other similar tools
- Advanced experience developing and designing tests for SaaS and/or Service Oriented Architectures
- Exposure to hosted testing services such as Saucelabs, Gridlastic, etc.
- Experience working with distributed version control systems such as Git
- The ability and willingness to adapt to an evolving and growing software development team
- Working knowledge of test management software
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- A positive approach to addressing issues
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related certification a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
PlayMaker Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PlayMaker complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PlayMaker Health expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of PlayMaker’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.