PlayMaker Health is looking for an experienced Full Stack PHP Developer to contribute to the further development of our post-acute care application. The successful candidate will play a critical role in achieving the company’s ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Applicants must be comfortable in a high-energy technology growth company environment. Intellectual curiosity, integrity, motivation, vision, competitive spirit and passion are essential to this role.
With PlayMaker Health, post-acute care providers have the technology they need to grow their business, remain competitive and most importantly deliver on the mission of providing compassionate care. We’re an equity-backed healthcare tech company with a startup vibe.
PlayMaker, an Inc. 5000 company, is private-equity backed and count some of the largest post-acute care companies as our customers. We are based in Franklin, TN with offices in Lafayette, CA and Raleigh, NC.
- Building and maintaining enterprise Software as s Service (SaaS) applications.
- Creating and delivering amazing user experiences
- Working in a Agile Scrum environment.
- Participating in a highly skilled engineering team.
- Following best practices around development, testing, source control, and deployment.
- Continuing to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
- Using your creative engineering skills to solve complex problems and requirements.
- Demonstrating your passion for elegance and efficiency in software engineering.
- Instrumenting and analyzing tracking metrics collected at various points within the application to identify pain points for users
- Work with QA to develop automated test solutions across key aspects of the application
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in large-scale application development with PHP and LAMP/LAPP (Linux Apache MySQL/Postgres PHP) architecture
- Comfortable developing with Git along coding standards and branding guidelines.
- Able to troubleshoot and debug complex applications (e.g. network requests, front-end performance, layout issues, browser bugs)..
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful services.
- Experience with front-end web frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation, Angular).
- Strong working knowledge of various php frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Laravel, Zend, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Good knowledge of relational databases and the SQL query language
- Solid debugging capabilities
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to multi task and to deliver on committed timelines with a keen focus on driving high quality results
- Experience with Linux or UNIX
- Familiarity with continuous integration (CI) software development models is an advantage
PlayMaker Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PlayMaker complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PlayMaker Health expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of PlayMaker’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.