PlayMaker Health is a fast-growing SaaS company providing best-in-class CRM and market intelligence solutions for the healthcare industry. We are private-equity backed and count some of the largest post-acute care companies as our customers. Our software and data solutions help our customers compete more effectively and efficiently, so they can grow their business and focus on what is most important — providing exceptional patient care. We are based in Franklin, TN with offices in Lafayette, CA and Raleigh, NC.
PlayMaker Health is looking for an experienced Data Scientist/Engineer to execute advanced analytics modeling based on exploratory data analysis from complex and multi-dimensional datasets through application of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and/or advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, and generate valuable predictive business insights in support of innovative business decisions.
As a Data Scientist / Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to identify questions and business challenges and determine plans of action in order to effectively define, design, and develop models and algorithms to derive insights into these areas.
- Generate and test hypotheses and analyze and interpret the results.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of optimal data pipeline architectures.
- Identify, design, and implement processes for automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Navigate complex datasets for data mining, and profiling, as well as identifing related data that is fundamental to successfully applying predictive and machine learning techniques.
- Design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data in order to support business process improvements and solve business challenges.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer growth, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Effectively communicate and guide stakeholders through the machine learning process; Interprets and communicates findings and solutions from analysis and experiments to a broad audience, including business leadership.
As a Data Scientist / Engineer, you will need:
- Proficiency with the following: data engineering, pipelining and wrangling tools, data visualization and modeling tools
- Substantial knowledge of data management approaches such as relational databases, data schemas, object stores, column stores, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of application of statistics, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to business questions for data analysis
- In depth knowledge in one or more of the following technical areas: AWS EMR, Python, Spark, R, Shiny, and associated packages and libraries.
- Thorough knowledge of and exposure to cloud architectures across NoSQL, lambda functions, kafka, sagemaker, tensorflow, etc.
Why we like working at PlayMaker:
- First Friday Celebrations
- Team building and volunteer opportunities
- Talented, collaborative, and entrepreneurial culture
- Attractive vacation and holiday pay
- 401k with employer match
PlayMaker Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PlayMaker complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PlayMaker Health expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of PlayMaker’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.