PlaymakerHealth is currently searching for an individual to join our team as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). The ideal SRE will incorporate aspects of software engineering to address IT operations problems while staying true to the key pillars of DevOps.
PlayMaker Health. The Post-Acute Growth Platform. PlayMaker Health offers the leading technology to radically improve visibility and market performance for post-acute care providers.
Through the industry's most expansive and timely data resource, PlayMaker combines market data, including up-to-date commercial, Medicare and Medicaid claims, EMR referral data and business development activity. When delivered through Playmaker's purpose-built platform supporting post-acute workflows, data is transformed into intelligence turning leadership strategy into business development action.
Our Mission - To be the trusted post-acute care strategic partner, honoring the care they provide and the compassion they deliver.
Playmaker, an Inc. 5000 company, is private-equity backed and count some of the largest post-acute care companies as our customers. We are based in Franklin, TN with offices in Lafayette, CA and Raleigh, NC.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in achieving the company’s ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Applicants must be comfortable in a high-energy technology growth company environment. Intellectual curiosity, integrity, motivation, vision, competitive spirit and passion are essential to this role.
As an SRE, your responsibilities will be:
- Manage applications in a Amazon Linux-based environment
- Develop and leverage tools to build and manage repeatable infrastructures through automation
- Oversee ongoing risk assessment, management, and remediation
- Develop and execute plans for rolling out new technologies rapidly
- Develop and maintain build pipeline toolsets
- Improve monitoring infrastructure, build out data aggregation and alerting rules
- Support our private and public cloud environments and customers
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Provide guidance and input to architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to the overall system architecture
- Recommend and implement infrastructure best practices in alignment with standard SRE principles and provide guidance on system performance and throughput expectations.
- Maintain environment with the use of configuration tools and event-driven automation
- Participate in collaborative projects with software engineering team to build scalable solutions
You ideally have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ year Experience as DevOps, Operations Engineer, or SRE
- 3+ year Experience building and operating highly available and scalable infrastructure solutions
- Superior Linux administration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Postgresql
- Extensive experience with continuous integrations tools such as Jenkins for mobile and server side builds
- Extensive knowledge of common Internet Protocols
- Experience creating and maintaining cloud native architectures with Amazon Web Services or similar cloud technologies
- Experience with Apache and PHP in a production environment at scale
- Strong knowledge of version control systems and hands-on experience with Git
- Experience with writing code around infrastructure automation
- Understanding of how to architect and implement highly available, scalable, and secure networks in within cloud environments
- Strong affinity and experience in working with continuous deployment and continuous integration environments
- An understanding around micro-service architectures and the complexities around their deployments
- Extensive programming experience in PHP, Python, and Shell
- Full stack troubleshooting and instrumentation experience
- Extensive experience with IT automation technologies like Terraform, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible
- Experience with data aggregation, alerting, and reporting and supporting technologies such as Graphite
PlayMaker Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PlayMaker complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PlayMaker Health expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of PlayMaker’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.